Wednesday, November 01, 2006

the book choices - The Histories

I am sending you Herodotus ‘The Histories’ – unfortunately I could only find a copy bound together with another book but perhaps we can work around that. My main interest in this book is that it is used in ‘The English Patient’ (Michael Oonjadtie) as an artist book of sorts – the main character uses it as his journal on explorations in the African desert and pastes cigarette papers with small text in – images; photographs – writes in the margins etc. I touched on this idea in one of Ruth’s workshops a few years ago but never got the chance to follow through the idea so I hope this will be interesting for others too. There is a passage that speaks about mapping an internal landscape (idea from ‘The English Patient’ but not an exact quote). M.O.’s writing is poetry really.

(Belinda)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home